Hard Spaces (non-breaking spaces) in Microsoft Word

There is such a thing as a "hard space" which is a separater between words like a normal space but it stops the words from being separated across lines e.g. words with a hard space between them will be kept together on the line.   They are also known as "non-breaking spaces".  Handy things at times but how do you "input" them using the keyboard?
Its not quite intuitive but Ctrl-Shift-Spacebar will do it.
You can also do it thru the menu bar by choosing Insert|Symbol|Special Characters.
This entry was posted in Computers and Internet. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s